Transmission Repair in Mira Mesa, CA
Your transmission is one of the most critical and complex systems on your vehicle. It is also one of the most expensive components to repair, should anything ever go wrong. The best way to avoid these costly repairs and extend the life of your transmission is to keep the transmission fluid clean and have the transmission inspected regularly. Keeping on top of required maintenance will help prevent build up and maintain the cooling and lubrication required for optimal engine power output.
At Miramar Automotive & Transmission, we can help you to understand your manufacturer’s recommended service intervals to ensure that your transmission gets the service it needs. And rest assured, our ASE Certified Technicians will use only high quality fluids, filters and parts to complete required maintenance.
Signs of Potential Transmission Issues:
- Hard shifting – shifter is physically hard to move or won’t go into gear
- Abnormal shift timing – delay shifting from one gear to another
- Transmission slipping or jumping while accelerating
- Burnt smell from under hood or vehicle
- Fluid leaking from vehicle
- Irregular clunking or screeching
- Transmission fluid is cloudy, thick or has a foul odor
- Lack of power
- Inability to drive
If your transmission is not operating properly, it could be due to several issues. Your transmission employs computerized systems, electrical components, hydraulics, and mechanical gears all working in unison to move your vehicle. It could be any one of these systems at fault. Low transmission fluid or poor quality fluid can cause poor performance on acceleration or a slip when shifting; electrical issues can cause problems changing gears or shifting out of park; a computer problem can leave your vehicle stuck in limp mode, only able to travel at slow speeds; or even internal mechanical damage can render your transmission inoperable. An automatic transmission functions through the movement of the fluid through clutch packs, the torque converter and a series of control valves that direct fluid to the desired components. Without clean fluid, a transmission is useless and your ability to transfer power from the engine to the wheels is impossible. Filter and fluid changes at the factory recomended intervals is advised to keep the fluid in top condition. If you do not know when your fluid should be changed, be sure and contact Miramar Automotive and Transmission for your vehicle specific maintenance intervals.
If you are having any issues with your transmission, please come see us right away so that we can diagnose your vehicle and provide any needed repairs early on to minimize any further damage.
Transmission Maintenance & Repair Performed
- Perform regularly scheduled transmission maintenance
- Transmission diagnostics
- Repair transmission fluid leaks
- Internal and external transmission repairs
- Rebuild or replace your faulty transmission
Knowledgeable Technicians Service Your Vehicle
Our ASE Certified technicians have been trained in current transmission diagnostics and repairs on all makes of vehicles, import and domestic, hybrid and electric. It takes years of training and experience to accurately pinpoint transmission issues – experience that Miramar Automotive and Transmission has!
We also service and repair manual transmissions and clutches on all makes and models.
Benefits of Choosing Miramar Automotive & Transmission
- We operate with the highest level of integrity and promise full transparency
- ASE Master Certified Technician shop
- We use high quality fluids, filters and parts
- 24 month/24,000 mile Nationwide Warranty on qualifying parts and labor
- 40 years serving Mira Mesa and the surrounding communities, combining a long tradition of superior service and modern diagnostics
For quality transmission repair and service in San Diego and San Diego County, trust Miramar Automotive & Transmission. Call us today or use our convenient online form below to schedule an appointment.