Brake Repair in Mira Mesa, CA
Whether you are in Mira Mesa, Kearny Mesa, Miramar Ranch, Sorrento Valley or surrounding communities, you can rely on Miramar Automotive & Transmission for all of your brake repair and service needs.
Your Brakes Take a Beating
Over the course of a year, if you put an average of 15,000 miles on your automobile, you will use your brakes thousands of times; and with every use, brake components wear down, eventually impacting your ability to come to a safe stop. Although deterioration of your brake components is inevitable, with regular inspections and completing required maintenance, you can ensure that your brakes will provide safety for you and your loved ones.
Best practice is to follow your manufacturer’s recommendations for inspection intervals, as it varies for each vehicle. Or simply call Miramar Automotive & Transmission, and we can help guide you through maintenance recommendations for your specific vehicle; in addition to providing a thorough inspection of your braking system.
Brake systems, while being one of the most critical, are relatively uncomplicated. When the brake pedal is engaged, the brake pads press against the rotors to create friction and in turn, the brake rotor disperses the energy to keep the brakes from overheating. Both components are essential to the proper functioning of your braking system. Of course, the mechanism that applies brake pedal force onto the rotors is a simple hydraulic system that relies on fluid to translate force. This system consists of a master cylinder, which is directly connected to your brake pedal, the brake lines and the wheel cylinders, which apply pressure to the brake pads. If at any time your brake system is leaking, or you notice oil on the inside of the tires, this could signal that a total brake system is imminent. Contact Miramar Automotive and Transmission right away.
Signs of Potential Brake System Issues:
- ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) light is on
- Parking brake light stays on
- Brake pedal feels spongy or presses abnormally farther to the floor
- Your vehicle pulls to the right or left when you brake
- Vibrations or noises occur during braking
- Brakes lock up when pedal is depressed
- Longer distances required to come to a full stop
Because of the safety concerns associated with brake performance, it is important to have a qualified automotive technician inspect your braking system if you experience any of these issues.
Brake System Maintenance & Repair Performed
- Brake system diagnostics
- Perform regularly scheduled brake system maintenance
- Brake pad replacement
- Brake disc resurfacing or replacement
- Brake drum resurfacing & replacement
- Master cylinder replacement
- Brake booster replacement
- Brake line replacement
- Repair brake system fluid leaks
- ABS sensor replacement
Expert Brake Repairs for All Types of Braking Systems
Our brake experts are ASE Certified Technicians, specializing in all types of braking systems. Whether you own a Toyota Corolla with drum brakes or a Porsche 911 with ceramic disc brakes, Miramar Automotive & Transmission has the experience and equipment needed to bring your brake system back to maximum performance.
Quality Brake Parts and Fluids for a Confident Stop
We know lower quality brake parts are cheaper, but at the cost of lower performance and durability. We only use high-quality brake parts for your brake repair that keep you stopping safely for thousands of miles.
Benefits of Choosing Miramar Automotive & Transmission
- We operate with the highest level of integrity and promise full transparency
- ASE Master Certified Technician shop
- We use high quality fluids and parts
- 24 month/24,000 mile Nationwide Warranty on qualifying parts and labor
- 40 years serving Mira Mesa and the surrounding communities, combining a long tradition of superior service and modern diagnostics
For quality brake repair and service in San Diego and San Diego County, trust Miramar Automotive & Transmission. Call us today or use our convenient online form below to schedule an appointment.